"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." Lao Tzu
NEWS & NOTES
If you're seeking to complete "The List" or the more ambitious "Grid" you know these terms are directly connected to climbing New Hampshire's 48 four thousand footers. The list may be in for changes if recent elevation adjustments are any indication. The United States Geological Survey is using laser reading technology to get a more accurate reading of just how high our state's mountains are and some famed four thousand footers may be up for revision soon. Click below for more details:
The greens are soon to replaced with orange, red and yellow. Fall is a fantastic time to get outdoors, both for moderate temperatures and bug-less trail times. Watch your footing as leaves begin covering trails, especially on the way down! As you head out this fall, keep hydrated and plan your outdoor adventures with an eye on the weather--things can change quickly no matter what time of year it is around New England and beyond.
Gear up and have fun!
According to Brendan Leonard, author of The Great Outdoors: A User's Guide, these are the 10 Best Day Hikes in America:
1. Angels Landing, Zion National Park (Utah)
2. Tall Trees Grove Trail, Redwood National Park (California)
3. Presidential Traverse/Range (New Hampshire)
4. Chesler Park Loop, Canyonlands National Park (Utah)
5. Harding Icefield Trail, Kenai Fjords National Park (Alaska)
6. Half Dome Cables Route, Yosemite National Park (California)
7. Longs Peak, Rocky Mountain National Park (Colorado)
8. Knife Edge, Katahdin, Baxter State Park (Maine)
9. Grandview Trail to Horseshoe Mesa, Grand Canyon National Park (Arizona)
10. Camp Muir, Mount Ranier National Park (Washington)
Want a shout out? Subscribe to Chasing Jade Trails to Peaks and we will feature your content, website, social media account--you name it and we will post it here to share where you're going and what adventures you're up to. Our goal is to grow a network here to connect people to more activity. Get outside and check back here to become a Friend of Chasing Jade Trails to Peaks!